Ok, friends. This is the recipe I had made that without the chocolate. To save it, I added a chocolate dipping sauce which admittedly, was probably a better idea from the beginning. The churros dipped in the dipping sauce were wonderful.
Churros (that were supposed to be Chocolate Churros) with Dark Chocolate Dipping Sauce
Adapted from here Extra MSG here: http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F127719-churros%2Fpage__p__1696351__hl__churros__fromsearch__1#entry1696351
For the churros
1 cup of water
1 cup of flour
1/3 cup butter
¼ cup to 1/3 cup of heavy cream
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of sugar
Cinnamon, cocoa, and sugar for rolling
Your Favorite frying oil (mine is peanut)
1. Prepare a dish of sugar and cinnamon (cocoa optional)
2. Add water, butter, cream, sugar and salt to a pot and bring to rolling boil.
3. Add flour and stir rapidly to completely combine.
4. Add egg and completely combine.
5. Put churro dough in a piping bag fitted with a large flower top tip.
6. Practice a few, trust me, you need this.
7. Heat Oil, and lower heat to medium
8. Once heated, pipe churros into the oil, and fry until golden brown on all sides
9. Remove to a paper toweled plate to drain oil.
10. dredge Churros in sugar cinnamon mixture while still piping hot.
To make chocolate sauce, heat cream in microwave or over the stove top. Add shredded chocolate and stir until melted. Keep adding chocolate until it is the consistency you want.
I used about a ½ cup of cream and 75 grams of chocolate.