Delicious pear, ginger and walnut upside-down pudding, a lovely moist pud and one of our customers favourites when we had our pub!
320g self-raising flour
200g soft brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
50g chopped walnuts
240 ml milk
100ml olive or sunflower oil
2 tbsp dark treacle
1. With the butter, grease the base (thickly) and sides of a 28cm springform round tin
2. Sprinkle 3 tbsp of the brown sugar over the butter and then half the chopped walnuts
3. Slice the pears very thinly and arrange in circles neatly on the bottom of the tin
4. Sieve the flour into a large bowl and add the rest of the sugar, spices and the remaining walnuts
5. In a separate jug whisk the milk, oil, eggs and treacle together
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold together
7. Pour mixture over the prepared base and bake in the centre of a Pre-heated oven at 175oC for approximately 40 minutes until golden brown and firm but springy to the touch
8. Turn out upside-down onto a large plate and serve warm with cream, ice cream or custard – yummy!